Category : Uncategorized
- You will see from Caroline’s latest Team News, that everybody has been busy preparing churches for re-opening. We at St Michael and All Angels have been no different. Lots of gloves, masks, hand sanitiser ordered. Lots of cleaning completed and special thanks go to the ‘Mr Mops’ who helped on Friday.
- Re-opening our churches for public worship will inevitably be a time of mixed emotions – joy at being able to come together to worship in our church; sadness for the loss of loved ones of some members of our church congregation; uncertainty about what the future “new normal” may be.
- What is the new normal? Travelling to church on your own or in a family bubble; social distancing; no singing; no refreshments afterwards; communion in one kind at a later stage; washing of hands before and possibly during the service.
- What happens next? The PCC meet on Tuesday 7th July to discuss the Risk Assessment to ensure they are satisfied with arrangements for re-opening church on Sunday 12th July and what the capacity of our church is. Advice will be given to you in more detail after the meeting and you should then be able to make your own decision on whether you feel we have done enough to make it safe for you.
- What to expect https://www.stmichaelwg.org.uk/reopening-church/